Fossil Brand has just announced their new hybrid smartwatch line and they call it simply “Hybrid HR”. It uses power-efficient monochrome display with a thick rim with dial markings, which reminds me fondly of a larger version of Pebble Time Round, except the Pebble Time Round uses a colour e-ink display. Looking at the images, the watch OS does not appear to be using Android Wear, neither is the display touch-enabled.
Hybrid HR presents features that smartwatch customers expect all wrapped in the classic styling of a traditional watch, including:
● Innovative Design: Combines mechanical hands with a dynamic, full round read-out display to view incoming text messages and app alerts as well as contextual information such as weather updates, second time zone and more.
● In-Depth Tracking: Displays wellness stats like heart rate, steps, calories and active minutes, also allowing users to log workouts, track sleep and measure progress over time.
● Long Battery Life: With all features activated, Hybrid HR lasts for two weeks or more on a single charge.
Check out the long list of features:
- Compatible with iPhone 5/ iOS10+ and Android OS 5.0+
- 2+ weeks of battery life (depending on usage)
- Activity & sleep tracking
- Custom goal tracking
- Integrated heart rate sensor
- Workout modes
- Second time zone
- Music control
- Notifications and app alerts
- Real-time weather
- Ring your phone
- Front light for low light visibility
- Water resistant 3ATM
- Rapid charging (60 minutes to 100%)
- Bluetooth® connectivity
The new Hybrid HR smartwatches blends analog design with smart connectivity. It is always on and always connected with a battery life of at least two weeks (based on usage). Pairing via Bluetooth technology to the Fossil Smartwatches app allows users to view in-depth activity and sleep metrics, set on-watch features and track fitness goals, customize the watch face dial, filter incoming smartphone notifications, and more. All devices can be personalised with interchangeable straps in leather, silicone and stainless steel.
The Fossil Hybrid HR smartwatches will be priced at S$349 and S$389. All 5 designs will be available in Fossil stores from early December 2019.
For more information on Fossil, visit www.fossil.com . Leave me a comment if you want me to review the Fossil Hybrid HR.