January is the month of tech announcements through CES (Consumer Electronics Show), an annual event held in Las Vegas, USA. At this event, many tech brands share new products or provide previews of their upcoming launches.
New Elite 4 Active Available Now In Singapore
Jabra announces their newest addition to the Elite Active series with the Elite 4 Active. Retails at S$178, it is available now for purchase at major electronic stores like Stereo, Courts, with a S$50 trade-in offer. This makes the Elite 4 Active the same price as the Elite 3 (RRP S$128).
Here are the key features:
- Secure active fit with ergonomic, wing-free design
- IP57-rated water and sweat proof durability
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- 6mm speakers and customisable equaliser
- HearThrough technology for added awareness
- 4-microphone call technology
- Up to 7-hours playtime (up to 28 hours with charging case)
- Use either earbud with mono mode
- Alexa Built-in or Spotify Tap playback, and Google Fast Pair
A few major difference with the more expensive Elite series is that Elite 4 Active ANC is not adjustable, which is not a deal-breaker. The Elite 4 Active also does not support MySound (custom audio tuning) and MyControls (custom tap controls). In comparison, the entry-level Elite 3 does not have ANC, so you are paying a little more for slightly better dust protection.
Elite 7 Pro Supports Multipoint Via Firmware Update
Elite 7 Pro owners will be able to update their earbuds to support multipoint. This is a feature to enable the earbud to be connected to 2 devices concurrently. Users can then easily switch between 2 devices seamlessly depending on which device is active in sending audio signals. The update will be available via the Sound+ app by January this month.