myFirst is a Singapore kids tech company owned by Oaxis Asia founded in 2010. myFirst launched their first kids smartwatch phone in 2016 and has launched over a dozen products ever since, like kids cameras, drawing pads, drones, and audio headphones. On 27 Oct 2020, they launched their latest next-gen kids tech devices: the myFirst Fone R1 and myFirst Headphones BC Wireless.
myFirst Fone R1 – 4G Music Smartwatch Phone with GPS and Video Call
There are plenty of cheap kids watchphones with GPS tracking, but myFirst Fone R1 offers some of the most advanced features taken from adult smartwatches. So besides being functional, it also looks contemporary. Available in 3 colours – grey-black, yellow-blue, and green-purple.
- 1.3-inch TFT round face touch screen with 3 themes of 4 watch faces each – total 12
- Fitness tracker – steps, calories, distance
- 4GB storage for music player
- 2MP digital camera – images can be uploaded to the app or shared with friends with myFirst account
- Wifi and Bluetooth supported
- GPS tracking with interval setting
- Quick-release watch strap
- nanoSIM 4G network for voice and data
- Define safe zones through Geo-fencing
- One-touch SOS – record 30 seconds audio automatically
- In-app messaging via text or voice clips
- Make friends with other myFirst Fone devices
- Set alarm remotely
- Class mode (do-not-disturb) deactivates functions so kid cannot play with watch
- Restrict calls with white-listing
- Alert if watch is removed
- Remote restart
- Up to 2-day standby, 6-hour phone call, 10-hour music playback
- 580 mAh battery, charges within 90 minutes
I got my daughter to unbox the watch and this was what happened.
myFirst Headphones BC Wireless – Kid-friendly Bone Conduction Technology
Bone conduction earphones have been in the market for years, and they are mainly worn by active outdoor sports people who needs to remain aware of the surroundings. It is this exact reason that makes it applicable to kids, allowing them to enjoy music without excessive sound pressure against their young ears.
- IPX6 water resistant
- Touch control for playback and answer calls
- Mechanical buttons for volume control
- Built-in microphone
- 5-hour music playtime
- 2-hour charging time
- 26 grams light
Watch my daughter unbox the headphones and her first honest impression when trying them.
The BC Wireless headphones is the perfect companion to the Fone R1. Pair them together via Bluetooth and your child will be able to make calls clearly and privately. With the 4GB storage on the watch, your child will also be able to enjoy songs and audiobooks curated by you. The size is actually not small, even adults can wear them!
Availability and Detailed Reviews
The myFirst Fone R1 retails at US$169 (S$229) and will be available for pre-order from 1 Nov 2020 and available for sale from 14 Nov. The myFirst Headphones BC Wireless retails at US$79.90 (S$109) and is available now.