LG Singapore just informed me that the LG V10 will be finally launching in Singapore in mid January 2016. I rarely post articles about announcements but this is just so worthy of mention, because this is not any other smartphone. The V10 is packed with spectacular features never seen in most other smartphones in the market.
Second Mini Screen
The Samsung Galaxy Edge has a side screen at the curved edge. Well, LG V10 has a separate screen at the top of the main display. You can configure this screen to display shortcuts, notifications, etc. The screen can appear without turning on the main screen, thereby improving battery life.
Dual Front Camera
HTC has dual rear camera for capturing depth. LG V10 uses dual front camera to capture ultra-wide 120-degree selfies in a single shot without requiring you to swivel manually.
Multi-View Video Recording
LG V10 has 3 separate camera lenses, and so LG enables a ability to shoot video using all three lenses at the same time.
Manual Mode Video Recording
LG V10 allows users to manually set shooting options like shutter, frame rate, ISO, white balance, focus. Video outputs can be up to 4K resolution.
LG V10 is built like a brick, like it or not. You can worry-free about accidental drops or scratches. Some overseas reviewers even did a water test with great success.
32-bit DAC Audio Processor
The high-res audio chip means you can play the best quality music files and with exceedingly audiophile quality, without the need to carry a separate dedicated audio player.
Antenna Boost Technology
LG claims the V10 is the first commercial device to utilise the Qualcomm TruSignal antenna boost technology. Only a true review will determine if this really works (I already have a few blind spots to in mind to test).
Other additional features commonly found in many other smartphones include:
- Dual SIM: Yes! LG V10 is one of the few flagship-grade smartphones to support dual SIM. Now you can have top-spec devices with dual SIM capability.
- Fingerprint Sensor: good to have, saves the hassle of entering PIN or password or pattern.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0: although LG V10 already has a sizable (and removable) 3000mAh battery, heavy users will never find it enough, especially when the V10 has so many features. Fortunately, V10 supports QC2.0 and so it takes just 40 minutes to get 50% charge.
Arriving in Singapore on 16 Jan 2016
Mark your calendars and save up! It will retail at S$1088, and available from all telcos and LG authorised retailers. A Valentine’s Day gift for your macho bae, perhaps?
– Chipset: Qualcomm ® Snapdragon™ 808 Processor x10 LTE
– Display: Main) 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
Secondary) 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
– Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB eMMC ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Camera: Rear) 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0
Front) 5MP Dual Lens (80 o Standard Angle / 120 o Wide Angle)
– Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
– OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
– Size: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm
– Weight: 192g
– Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0
– Colors: Modern Beige / Ocean Blue
Network: LTE-A Cat. 6
– 4G: LTE FDD2100 (B1)
– 4G:FDD900 (B8)
– 4G: FDD1800 (B3)
– 4G: FDD2600 (B7)
– 4G: TDD2300 (B40)
– 4G: TDD2600(B38) Available during roaming
– 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
– 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900