YouTube Music is finally available in Singapore, giving another streaming option for music lovers and another platform for artistes like myself (yes, I compose music and publish them, check them out at this link) to reach out to listeners. Subscribers can also sign up YouTube Music Premium at a competitive price of S$9.98 to enable features like playing songs and videos in the background, offline downloads and ad-free experience.
In addition, Google also announces the availability of YouTube Premium video subscription at S$11.98, which includes access to YouTube Music Premium. Sounds like a pretty good deal, I must say.
During the first time running YouTube Music in your smartphone app, you will be asked to pick some artists that you like. The list goes on and on, every time you pick an artist, the page will pop up more artists relevant to the one you just picked. This helps YouTube Music build the playlist that fits your listening preference.
Here are six reasons that makes YouTube Music stand out:
- It’s ALL here! Not just music videos, but official songs, albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music that one can find only on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the music played before and what the listener is doing. So if you are in the gym working out or escaping during your daily commute, the right music is right there on the YouTube Music app.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood, activity, or language. Try “Shout-Out Pop Hits”, “K-Pop Hotlist”, “Sing-Along Rock” to discover new music.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That rap song with flute”? We got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
- The hottest videos. YouTube Music will keep you updated on what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world are right there, on their dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in Singapore, it features Memories by Maroon 5, Make It Right by BTS, 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber.
- Audio/Video switching: Switching between music videos and songs is as simple as the tap of a button. This unique feature will allow YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium subscribers to make a seamless transition between a song and its music video for uninterrupted listening and watching.
Here is the full price list of the services (prices in SGD):
|Product / Platform||Google Play Store||iOS App Store|
|YouTube Music Premium||$9.98||$12.98|
|YouTube Music Premium Family Plan*||$14.98||$19.98|
|YouTube Premium Family Plan*||$17.98||$22.98|
*A YouTube family plan allows you to share your YouTube paid membership with up to 5 other family members who live in the same household (residential address).
Download the YouTube Music app on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store, and get a special introductory offer of 1 month free for YouTube Music Premium. And don’t forget to search for “Chester Tan” (that’s me!) and enjoy soothing piano music.