Samsung Singapore has announced its Samsung Galaxy Note7 exchange programme. In a nutshell, you can get the replacement unit from 16 Sep to 2 Oct. Warranty will restart from the day you do the replacement.
2 ways to receive the exchange unit: self-collect at Suntec Convention Centre Level 2, The Crescent, or free home delivery. Customers need to book appointment and select which mode they want to get the replacement unit, and do it between 9 and 25 Sep on this website: http://www.samsung.com/sg/note7exchange.
According to Samsung Singapore media release, only local units purchased from any local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Samsung Lazada Singapore Online Store are eligible.
Here are some interesting facts based on the FAQ I read:
- You can exchange your Note7 regardless of the condition, be it cosmetic, water, screen, functional damage.
- There is no need to produce receipt. You will enter the IMEI during appointment booking which will verify if your unit is from Singapore.
- You can (and should) still replace the Note7 even if you have already done a prior replacement for whatever defect using whatever privileges, e.g. Samsung Concierge. Upon replacement, all your privileges will be reset, as if it is a brand new purchase.
- There is no need to return the box and all the accessories, assuming you have lost them. Samsung will issue a complete new set of Note 7.
- Samsung will provide a token of appreciation during the exchange. But the content remains unknown.
I will update this post when I get any new information.
Samsung Exchange Programme: http://www.samsung.com/sg/note7exchange
FAQ available on the above site or as PDF download here: http://www.samsung.com/sg/note7exchange/faq.pdf