After making a few personal orders and blogging about them, GearBest.com found my site, and apparently determined that it is influential enough to contact me for collaboration. What they do is to ship me products so that I can try out and publish my reviews. I also get to keep them. Not sure if you would call this an “advertorial”, but technically speaking, there was no monetary benefits.
First up, AiWatch GT08+. It runs on identical OS UI as the ZGPax S28 that I bought last year, with minor tweaks. The watch design is clearly inspired by Apple Watch, with 2.5D glass to offer that extra style to the wearer.
I thought the ZGPax S28 was pretty cheap, but AiWatch GT08+ takes it to another level. For less than US$40, you are buying not just an Apple look-alike. You are actually getting these functions:
1. SIM-enabled 2G mobile network watch phone. Yes, you can practically wear your phone.
4. Bluetooth notification when paired with Android. Works perfectly with Android 4.4 and below, but I can’t get it to work consistently with Android 5.0. After researching tech forums, there seems to be no definite app that works. Some consumers find some apps works, while others don’t.
5. Hands-free speakerphone when paired with any Android or iPhone (apps not required). You can even retrieve missed calls and your phone book from the Watch and make calls.
6. Hands-free music streaming from Android or iPhone. Once paired, all audio is directed to the watch. Separate app not required.
7. Pedometer. A simple motion sensor to track the number of steps you took.
8. Sleep tracker, to track how well you sleep.
9. Alarm clock. Wear it to sleep and let it wake you up with vibration, so that your spouse would not be disturbed.
Besides all that, it is a watch with 3 preset watch faces. Sadly, you cannot customise or upload your own.
Still, it is pretty amazing how so much is squeezed into something so small.
Here’s a few diagram to summarise how you can connect AiWatch GT08+ to your smart devices or headset, with and without SIM.
This product is for you if:
1. You want to be notified of incoming calls, take calls, make calls via your watch. For notifications from Sms and other apps, Android 4.x is recommended.
2. You want a smartwatch without breaking the bank
3. You would like a watch, phone, and music player in one device, so you don’t have to carry a separate phone.
This product is NOT for you if:
1. You want a smartwatch that lets you install apps or change watch face like Android Wear.
2. You are using Android 5.0 smartphone or iPhone and want app notification.
SIM card slot: micro SIM, 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900
MicroSD card slot: Yes up to 32GB
Screen type: capacitive touchscreen
Display Resolution: 1.54 inch 240×240 pixels
Vibrate motor: Yes
FM radio: Yes (requires earphones connected as antenna)
Sensor type: Yes, G-sensor
Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0
Languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Deutsch, Turkish, Russian, Hebrew, Traditional Chinese
USB port: Micro USB port for earphones and charging
Battery: Removable 3.7V, 350mAh Li-ion
Size: 49 x 43 x 12mm
USB charger and wired headset not included.
More Savings with ShopBack
3 Oct 2015 update: I found a way to increase your savings! If you sign up with ShopBack and click through to GearBest, you can earn cashback with your purchase (read more here). Here’s the GearBest link to buy the AiWatch GT08+ and more press images.